I had one week free of work. That means obviously my normal work, but as well my MBA studies. What happened during that time?
- I wasn't really relaxed.
- I didn't really know what to do. I wasn't bored. It was more like: I should have used the time better.
- I didn't understand how to focus on me and my needs (body & soul needs)
- I had time for myself. Even not knowing what would be best I did what I wanted to do.
- I had time to waste without thinking what I should do.
- My partner showed me all her love by not demanding anything.
What can I learn from this experiment?
- It takes time to calm down.
- It's not easy to fill time if you hardly had any time before.
- It's good to discuss your situation with somebody who cares.
- My body needs some action. The trip to the Cotswolds was great.
Implications for next time?
- Expect less
- Go away, so you can't do anything and you don't even realise that you don't have anything meaningful to do. But do it like my friend Nick. 2 weeks Disneyland. There is hardly anything to do.
- Have a good book.
- Book stores are always great.
- Enjoy the small things in life.
- Do some physical exercises: walking, cycling, swimming, running.
Post a Comment